UPDATED MAY 9, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of Christ Central Presbyterian,
As we announced last Sunday as well as by letter, Christ Central Presbyterian Church will resume in-person worship this Sunday, May 10 as our first step in reopening the church. As we suggested before, since everyone has a different comfort level about gathering together and when to do so, we do not want anyone to feel compelled to come at this point. We will continue to record the service on YouTube (see below). However, for those who are ready to gather again, this message is to follow up on some of the details.
- Worship will begin at the normal time of 11:00 AM; we encourage everyone to please be on time since we will be out of our normal routine.
- There will be no Coffee and Conversation time or infant/toddler nursery available until further notice.
- People are welcome to fellowship before and after the service while maintaining the recommended minimum six-foot distance between non-family members.
- To accommodate appropriate social distancing within the sanctuary, the seating arrangement will be altered to allow for a minimum of six foot spacing between family groups; ushers will be available to assist you to a seat if you are unsure where to sit.
- Instead of using hymnals, the words to the hymns will be provided inside the bulletins.
- The offering will be collected at the conclusion of the service with ushers holding the offertory plates by the exits; alternatively, you can mail your check to the church or use the online giving portal on the church website.
Additional Hygienic Concerns
- We are strongly urging worshipers to wear a face mask. It is known that using face masks greatly reduces the spread of the coronavirus by persons without any symptoms - particularly since we emit and breathe in six times more particles while singing according to medical experts. As those called to love and worship our God with singing, we must also love and preserve the life of our neighbor. The church plans to have some masks available for those who do not have one, but we ask that you bring your own since our supplies are limited. Since we understand that some people are unable to wear a mask for various reasons, we have decided not to require them. Still, we ask that you do so out of consideration for the health of others.
- We will have hand sanitizer near the entrance to the lobby and probably a few other locations.
For Those Who Stay Home
For those who choose not to attend just yet, we plan to live-stream the service at our YouTube location: Christ Central Presbyterian Church channel on YouTube (or enter “Christ Central Presbyterian Church” in the search bar from the main YouTube page). Click on “Videos” and follow the “Live” link. We will post a video shortly after the conclusion of the service.
As a reminder, all other church activities (including choir) are suspended through May 31. A few Bible studies will continue online (look for separate announcements or contact the church office at [email protected] or 813-774-3881).
We are looking forward to this Sunday and hope to see as many of you as possible as we worship our God together as a church family for the first time since March.
Your Servants in Christ,
The Session of Christ Central Presbyterian