UPDATED APRIL 2, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of Christ Central Presbyterian,
In light of the COVID-19 circumstances, the Christ Central Presbyterian church family has not been meeting for in-person Sunday worship since Sunday, March 22, 2020. Your Session has continued to diligently assess current public health news and policy updates issued by the CDC and other appropriate agencies. God has called us to love each other and to love our world, and to contribute to the welfare of our community. Exercising caution is not merely wise, but is a tangible way of expressing love toward others. We want to encourage you to do your part in honoring the requests of our officials pertaining to the Safer at Home Order. In light of this, your Session has made the following decisions and recommendations:
1. WEEKEND WORSHIP SERVICES
In accordance with the governor’s stay at home order, we will continue to record an abbreviated worship service and upload the video to YouTube by 11:00 am each Sunday through May 3, 2020. Our desire is for individuals and families to worship together from their homes at our normal 11:00 am worship time, as we all follow the same liturgy and hear the proclaimed Word. You can view the video by clicking here:
The order of worship with hymn lyrics, will be posted on our website in the Bulletins section. We will also send out a separate email announcement each week containing the order of worship so that you may follow along at home.
At this time we hope to resume in-person worship services on May 10, 2020. However, this is contingent upon many factors. We will continue to assess the situation and communicate any updated decisions on this page. Please check back regularly.
2. ALL OTHER ON-SITE EVENTS
Any on-site event scheduled between today and Sunday, May 3, 2020 will not be meeting as scheduled. These events include and are not limited to the following: Sunday School, Sunday Evening Bible Study, Youth Large Group Meeting, Kid Builders, Tuesday Morning Women’s Bible Study, Wednesday Men’s Bible Study, Wednesday Choir Practice, Thursday ESL, Friday Seniors Covenant Group, our Good Friday Tenebrae Service, and the High School Lakehouse Retreat.
3. WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
- Some church activities are continuing, though not in-person:
- Women’s Bible Study - Continuing via google hangout meeting, Tuesdays at 10:00AM
- Children’s Sunday School - Parents have been provided materials to instruct their children at home.
- Middle School Sunday School - Parents have been provided materials to instruct their children at home.
- High School Sunday School - Continuing class via Zoom video meetings, Sundays at 5:30PM
- Adult Sunday School - Right Living and Worship (WCF chapters 16-24) with Ben Lambers resuming Sunday April 5, 2020 at 9:30AM via google hangouts.
- Adults Sunday School with Luis Salgado will begin a video-based class via google hangouts. Details forthcoming.
As our lenten Prayer Groups are wrapping up, we encourage individuals and families to participate in our denomination’s 30-Days of Prayer for the church, the nation, and the world in response to the current COVID-19 crisis. To download the month-long guide or explore topics day-by-day, visit: https://pcaga.org/prayer
- Giving We also ask that you continue to be faithful in your giving during this time, as we must continue to pay our bills. You can (1) mail your checks to the church; (2) use your own online bill pay option; or (3) make electronic payments through the ‘Give’ button on our church website, which will direct you to the PCA foundation (fund #10161).
Please share this information (and future updates) with any others in our congregation who may not have access to the internet or email. Additionally, please continue in fervent prayer that our Lord would bring a swift end to this pandemic and the accompanying economic pain that is likely to afflict a great many people.
Your Servants in Christ,
The Session of Christ Central Presbyterian